OCTOBER 23, 2018
ALL OF THE RUSH – NONE OF THE RISK!
Junior Achievement of Angelina County is proud to announce our first annual Stock Market Challenge on October 23 at the Lufkin Convention Center where you will experience the thrill of the Wall Street trading floor! We will have an evening event – A Night on Wall Street – for corporate teams and a daytime event for junior and senior students of Angelina County.
The corporate JA Stock Market Challenge is a unique and dynamic event that will bring the Lufkin community together for a night of food, drink, fun and friendly competition. The student Stock Market Challenge will be a high-energy, invaluable learning experience.
Three giant screens, frenzied traders, the latest in technology and 60 days of simulated trading condensed into 80 minutes. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind event coming to Lufkin on October 23rd.
How it works:
- Teams of four compete to grow their mock stock portfolios to the highest overall net worth.
- Teams are issued $1M in mock stock to invest in 26 fictitious companies.
- Each trading day lasts sixty seconds — two months of trading are condensed into one exciting evening.
- Onsite traders with PDAs make buying and selling instantaneous. The trading is fast, furious and fun!
- Periodic news releases and “hot tips” reflect fictitious world events and industry developments, causing stock prices to fluctuate.
- The volatile market & the frantic pace will keep participants on their toes, constantly reacting to the market’s ups and downs.
- Don’t know much about the stock market? No worries! JA will host a team captain’s training prior to the event.
Want to get a taste of a Stock Market Challenge? Check out the event from another Junior Achievement.